Southern Landfill (Wellington)
The Southern Landfill contract includes a Refuse Transfer Station for public drop off of waste and commercial deliveries are directed to the tiphead for disposal.
The landfill receives some 65,000 tonnes of refuse per annum plus 15,000 tonnes of dewatered sewage sludge per annum (80,000 TPA).
Wellington City operates the entry kiosk and collects all gate fees and directs customer to the RTS
and landfill for waste disposal. Leach has already had our Southern Landfill Operations independently Accredited to ISO 14001: 2004 Environmental Management System as of April 2013.
The operations on site include and are not limited to the following:
- Designated Operational Areas and site boundaries
- Provision of a Landfill Manager along with staffing, supervision and qualified staff
- Staff uniforms, staff training
- Provide and maintain plant fit for purpose
- Provide and maintain signage
- Landfill Monitoring & Security
- RMA Compliance, environmental management plus H&S management and controls
- Disposal operations including tipping locations, tip face, tipping platforms, daily cover, intermediate cover including the method of tip management.
- Special and hazardous waste disposal including screenings and sludge from waste water treatment plants including withholding wastes where appropriate.
- Dust control
- Rodent control
- Fire risk management
- Drainage and stormwater control
- Litter control and spillages
- Management and maintenance of site roads especially on landfill roads.
- Close liaison and communications with the public, customers, stakeholders and the Client
and his representative.